Thursday 9 February 2017
Thai Pandan Leaf Fried Chicken
1 packet chicken thigh meat (removed skin and cut into small pieces)
A bunch of pandan leaves
1 Lemongrass (white parts)
1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
2 tsp honey
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp corn flour
1. Pound the lemongrass, shallot and garlic. Squeeze out the juice.
2. Cut chicken thigh meat into small pieces.
3. Marinate chicken thighs meat with lemongrass juice (step 1) and all the seasonings for 3 hours or more.
4. Take around 3-4 pieces of chicken meats and wrap it with pandan leaves. Use toothpick to poke through and seal it.
5. Deep fried the pandan chicken in a hot oil until cooked.