Thursday 9 February 2017
Fried Rice With Prawns and Eggs
2 bowls rice
1/2 bowl chopped spring onion
10 frozen prawns or fresh prawns (I used frozen)
4 tbsp minced garlic (must use a lot)
Some cooking oil
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt or to taste
1 tbsp light soya sauce
Some white pepper
1. Heat wok with cooking oil. Crack and stir fry the eggs in wok. The trick is once you put the eggs, you need to stir it as fast as you can and break the eggs into small pieces at the same time. Remove it when its 60% cooked (still mushy) and set aside.
2. Pan fry the prawns for 3 minutes or until its cooked (don't overcooked). Set aside.
3. In the same wok, add some more oil (probably need to add much more). Stir fry minced garlic until fragrant and it turns golden yellow colour. Add garlic powder and stir for a little while.
4. Put the cooked plain rice and fry it until its well mixed with the garlic. Add all the seasonings and mix well.
5. Lastly, add the broken mushy 60% cooked eggs 😂 and stir fry for 3 minutes follow by the prawns and spring onion. Mix well and serve hot.