Thursday 9 February 2017
Japanese Potato Croquette Burger
6 Burger bread
1 Tomato cut sliced
4 Medium tomato
1/4 Frozen veggie
3 tbsp cooked minced pork or chicken
Some plain flour
Japanese bread crumbs
1 beaten egg
Salt to taste
1.5 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp okonomiyaki sauce/takoyaki sauce
3 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
2 tsp honey
1. Spread butter on both sides of the inner burger and pan fry it (you may skip this step if you want to keep it simple)
2. Cook potato until soft and mash it, set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the mash potato, frozen veggie, cooked minced pork and all the seasonings and mix well. The mash potato should be quite firm.
4. Divide the seasoned mash potato into 6 portions, roll it like a ball and then flatten it like a patty.
5. Coat the potato with some plain flour thinly and then dip in into the beaten egg. Lastly coat it with the Japanese bread crumbs evenly.
6. Heat oil in a pot and deep fry the potato until it turns golden brown.