Friday 17 February 2017
Clam Chowder Puff Pastry
1 canned clams
2 medium potatoes (cut cubes)
1 diced yellow onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 bay leaves
2 stalks thyme
Canned clams water
500 ml cooking cream
25-30 g butter
1 tbsp plain flour mix with 2 tbsp water for thickening (you may mix it more if you want it thicker)
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and saute onion until transparent. Add garlic, bay leaves and thyme and fry till fragrant.
2. Mix the potatoes and fry for a while. Add the canned clams water and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes.
3. Add the clams, cooking cream and butter. Bring the soup to boil and simmer for 20 minutes (use low fire).
4. Lastly, add some salt and pepper to taste. You may thicken the soup with the plain flour mixture after seasoning it. Pour some soup into the ramekin dishes, cover it with a piece of square puff pastry.
5. Preheat oven at 200°C and bake the clam chowder pastry puff for about 15-20 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.