120g glutinous rice flour
80g steamed sweet potato
1 tbsp fine sugar
A few drops of each colour (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple) *optional*
Finely chopped palm sugar
Steamed shredded coconut with a pinch of salt
1. Mix all the ingredients (except the colouring) and knead until smooth dough is formed.
2. Divide dough into 6 portions. Add different colour to each dough, knead it till the colour is well incorporated.
3. Divide each colour dough into 4 to 5 balls. Roll it and then make a dent in the centre (If the dough is too dry, you may add a few drops of water). Add a little filling in the centre, seal it carefully and roll it into balls again.
4. Cook all the ondeh ondeh in boiling water. Once it floats, let it cook for another 1-2 minutes. take it out and soak it in cold water for 3 minutes
5. Remove the ondeh ondeh with a slotted ladle or strainer. Roll them over the steamed shredded coconut and coat well.