1/4 cup plain flour flour
1 cup Japanese bread crumb
1 beaten egg
1/2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp cornflour
1. Remove prawns shell and clean. Use the back of the knife to smash or chop the prawns.
2. Marinate prawn paste with all the seasonings. Mix and combine well until the prawn paste become sticky like glue (usually I slam the prawn paste a few times into a big bowl). Keep in the fridge and marinate for a few hours.
3. Roll the paste into a ball and then flatten it a little. Roughly it makes 12 pieces and it depends on the size that you make.
4. Coat the prawn cake with some plain flour and then dip into the beaten egg. Lastly coat it with the bread crumb evenly.
5. Heat up oil in a pot and deep fry the prawn cakes until golden brown or cooked. Serve it with thai chilli sauce or mayonnaise.
** If your prawn paste is not sticky enough, you may want to add some more corn flour **