160 g glutinous rice flour
1 tbsp fine sugar
135-140 ml water
A few drops of each colour (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
*you may just use 1 green colour (pandan paste)*
Finely chopped palm sugar
Steamed shredded coconut with a pinch of salt
1. Mix all the ingredients (except the colouring) and knead until smooth dough formed.
2. Divide dough into 6 portions and add different colour to each dough, knead each colour dough till even.
3. Divide each colour dough into 3 to 4 for big ones, 8-9 for mini ones. Roll it and lightly flatten it (If the dough is too dry, you may add a few drops of water). Add a little chopped palm sugar in the centre, seal it carefully and roll into ball again.
4. Cook all the ondeh ondeh balls in boiling water, once it floats remove it and soak it in cool water for 3 minutes.
5. Coat the ondeh ondeh with the steamed shredded coconut.